Liberal Arts Associate Degree
If you have the creativity to solve challenging problems and communicate clearly, you can save thousands of dollars on the cost of a bachelor’s degree and receive a liberal arts education that will provide you with a range of skills that will serve you well in a variety of career settings.
Why Choose NECC?
By earning an Associates in Arts Degree in Liberal Arts at NECC, you will gain solid skills in critical reading, critical thinking, research, and communications, and prepare for a career in a wide range of fields, including education, law, business, human/social services, and more. With this program, you can:
- Learn critical thinking skills to solve challenging problems
- Develop writing and communication skills
- Explore multiple academic areas to provide you with a range of knowledge
- Join a variety of extracurricular activities for students of all fields
- Participate in career workshops and mentoring opportunities with alumni and the community
- Use NECC resources to help you succeed, including computer labs, tutoring centers, and a career and academic advising center.
Because of NECC
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to transfer to complete your bachelor’s degree and pursue many career paths. Employers increasingly seek workers who possess the critical thinking, problem solving, and effective communication skills you will learn. You can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
- Prepare for a career in fields such as education, law, business, human and social services, and more.
Business Management is one of NECC’s top ten largest programs
I always encourage my friends to enroll at Northern Essex. I tell them it gives you the building blocks to build a foundation to help you reach your goals. If I hadn’t attended NECC I wouldn’t have attended a four-year college.”
Lizmarie Peralta, Liberal Arts
Hear What Lizmarie Peralta, ’13, Liberal Arts, Has to Say
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Liberal Arts Associate in Arts.