Nursing Associate Degree
NECC Takes Great Care in Preparing Future Care Providers
The demand for nurses continues to grow steadily. NECC’s program, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, will prepare you to begin providing safe and effective nursing care to people of all ages.
Why Choose NECC?
While a career in nursing can be emotionally and financially rewarding, beginning at NECC can save you thousands of dollars on the cost of a nursing education at a four-year school. As a graduate you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), or to continue your education to earn your bachelor’s degree. With this program you will:
- Prepare to work with children, adolescents, adults, and senior citizens
- Learn in the classroom, laboratories, and at clinical site placements under the supervision of a mentor
- Develop critical thinking and assessment skills and treatment interventions that restore and promote health
- Benefit from a holistic approach to care that includes childbearing, childrearing, physical and mental health
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to pursue entry level nursing positions in a variety of health care settings or you many continue your education and earn a bachelor’s in nursing. After completing the program you can:
- Sit for the NCLEX-RN exam
- Work in a hospital, doctor’s office, outpatient treatment facilities, home health care agencies and more
- Transfer earned credits to a bachelor’s degree in a nursing or related program at a public or private four-year school, saving thousands of dollars on your degree
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Nursing Associate Degree.