Participate and Volunteer in Your Community
We believe that being an engaged and informed citizen is important. At NECC, you can do this in several ways, including enrolling in service learning classes, volunteering at local organizations, or participating in civic engagement activities such as voter registration days, events regarding social justice, and more.
Civic engagement fosters a sense of community, develops self-awareness, practices problem solving, and widens worldviews. These experiences enhance applications for employment, college, and scholarships.
The Civic Engagement and Service-Learning office has two student awards given out each spring.
- The Civic Engagement Award goes to a graduating student, who has actively participated in civic engagement during their tenure at NECC.
- The Service-Learning Award goes to a student who has taken a service-learning class within the last year and excelled in the class.
- Service-Learning Courses
- Civic Scholars Program
- Request Opportunities to Volunteer
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Student Government Association
- Peace Poetry Contest