Community and Classroom Connections
Service-learning gives you opportunities to earn college credit, apply classroom learning in the real world, and make a difference in people’s lives. NECC offers many service-learning courses that can connect you with many opportunities on- and off-campus.
Service-learning supports NECC’s commitment to civic engagement and an essential part of NECC’s Civic Action Plan.
Benefits of Service-Learning
- Gain real-world experience through the application of classroom learning in community settings
- Explore careers and experience different organizational cultures
- Participate in professional and social networking opportunities
- Improve communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Forge new friendships and make strong connections with members of the NECC community
- Understand community needs and the resources that can help address them
- Acquire experience that you can tout in cover letters and job interviews
- Qualify for service oriented scholarship applications
- Know that you have helped to make a positive difference
- You can earn points in NECC’s Civic Scholars Program!
Read About Some of Our Service-Learning Projects
Spring 2022 Service-Learning Showcase
Spring 2021 Service-Learning Showcase
Amesbury Students Highlight Food Insecurity (Eagle Tribune News Story)
Crock pots will Help Address Food Insecurity in Merrimack Valley (NECC Newsroom Story)Print View