Let NECC’s Great Educational Studies Teachers Help You Become One Too
Do you remember your favorite teacher? At NECC you can prepare to become an elementary, middle, or high school teacher, and inspire a new generation of students. By starting at NECC, you can build a solid foundation of courses specifically designed to integrate the theory and practice of the teaching profession. You can then transfer to a four-year college to complete your bachelor’s degree – and save thousands of dollars along the way.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC will provide you with a strong basis in the arts and sciences, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary for a career in teaching. You will choose a concentration in either the elementary (Grades 1-6) or middle/high school (grades 7 – 12) level. In this program you will:
- Learn about child/adolescent growth and development and how to manage a classroom
- Increase your awareness and sensitivity to the wide diversity of children in public schools today
- Gain real-world experience through field experiences in the classroom.
Because of NECC
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to transfer to complete your bachelor’s degree and pursue a career as a teacher. You will also be prepared to begin working as a paraprofessional (teaching assistant), and many alumni actually do both. After completing the program you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars while you earn your bachelor’s degree in secondary education or a related field.
- Seek work as a teaching assistant
- Go on to become a certified elementary school, middle or high school teacher
I find (first-graders) are really eager to learn at that age and participate in activities”
Daniel Pierce, Elementary Education
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. This program has two pathways.
View the suggested pathway for Elementary Teaching.
View the suggested pathway for Middle/High School Teaching.