Become a Certified Wedding Planner
If the recent Royal Wedding gave you a few wedding ideas of your own, perhaps you should channel that energy and enroll in Northern Essex Community College’s non-credit Certified Wedding and Event Planner certificate offered in conjunction with the Wedding Planning Institute, at NECC Riverwalk, 360 Merrimack St., each Tuesday, May 10 through July 19 from 6:15 to 9:15 p.m. Class will not be held on July 5.
Taught by a certified wedding and event planner, with both wedding and event planning experience, the cost is $895 per person.
This hands-on program is perfect for anyone interested in becoming a wedding planner, for those already in the field who want the professional recognition that comes with the Certified Wedding and Event Planner designation, or for anyone interested in an in-depth knowledge of wedding planning.
This program covers everything a wedding planner needs to know to successfully plan, coordinate, and direct weddings of all types and will provide the tools necessary to launch and grow a business as a wedding planner.
- Wedding ceremony and reception traditions, customs and etiquette
- Integrating customs from different cultures
- Wedding vows, speeches, decorations, working with clergy and other officiates
- Pre and post wedding parties
- Invitations, flowers, music, entertainment, venues, cakes and menu planning
- Bridal fashions, wedding design and color choices
- Choosing the best vendors, contracts, timelines and budgets
- The consultant’s role and how to best work with prospective brides and grooms
- Negotiating your services, fees, and agreements
- Industry business practices
- Starting a business as a wedding planner
Fee includes all course materials including book/workbook, online templates of contracts and business documents, testing and national certification from the Wedding Planning Institute. Students may be able to observe or assist real wedding events directed by the instructor. * Additional classes may be arranged for field trips.
To register, call enrollment services at 978-556-3700 or call Dianne Lahaye at email@example.com or 978-659-1222 with any additional questions.