Take Your First Step To Become a Police Officer
Developed in cooperation with the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, NECC’s Law Enforcement Certificate provides a cost-efficient way to prepare for a career as a police officer whether you wish to work for a town, city, the state police, or a private security force.
Why Choose NECC?
The Law Enforcement Certificate can be completed in as little as 10 months and covers all facets of policing that you will need to successfully enter the field. All of the credits earned in the certificate program can be applied to a Quinn Bill eligible associate in science degree in criminal justice. In this program you will:
- Benefit from specialized criminal justice and general education coursework
- Learn about community policing, police discretion, and police ethics and corruption
- Understand issues of leadership and management, patrol requirements, professionalism, and other related topics
Because of NECC
You will have a highly affordable way to prepare for a career in law enforcement, while benefitting from a program designed by Police Chiefs who understand the skills and knowledge that are most important to policing. After successfully completing the Certificate you can:
- Seek work as a police officer in a municipal police department or as a state trooper
- Transfer your credits to NECC’s Associates Degree in Criminal Justice
Career Paths & Job Market
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Law Enforcement.