PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Specific admission requirements needed to apply to program
- The Dental Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association.
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Program starts in Fall only
- Full-time OR Part-time day program
- Part-time students may also develop a pathway in consultation with the program coordinator
- Mixture of classroom and lab-based learning
- Lawrence campus only for dental assisting lecture/classroom/laboratory courses
- Students are randomly placed in a clinical site-reliable transportation needed
- Successful completion of this program qualifies graduates to take the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
- Certificate prepares students for entering job market.
- Students are required to complete a health evaluation and have the required immunizations to attend clinical.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in all Dental Assisting Courses
- Courses must be taken in order listed.
- Many courses have prerequisites requirements that must be fulfilled to be eligible to enroll in the course. Take your reading writing and math placement tests as soon as possible to see where you place.
- All applicants must take the reading placement test-reading waivers are not eligible to meet the admissions requirements
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.