PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
YEAR ONE – FALL
|ENG101||English Composition I||3|
|HIS121||World Civilizations I||3||Fall|
|LIT271||World Literature I||3||Fall|
YEAR ONE – SPRING
|ENG102||English Composition II||3|
|ENG113||Creative Writing: Nonfiction||3||Spring|
|HIS122||World Civilizations II||3||Spring|
|LIT272||World Literature II||3||Spring|
|THE101||Introduction to Theater||3|
YEAR TWO – FALL
|SOC101||Intro to Sociology||3|
|BIO103||Human Nutrition & Health||3|
|BIO104||Human Nutrition & Health Lab||1||SCI|
YEAR TWO – SPRING
|ENG115||Creative Writing: Fiction||3||Spring|
|PHI101||Intro to Philosophy||3|
|ENG116||Creative Writing: Poetry||3||Spring|
|ERS135||Introduction to Astronomy||4|
- Full-time or part-time program
- Haverhill campus only for required program courses
- Online courses offered for some required program courses
- Provides students the opportunity to publish in Parnassus, NECC’s literary magazine, and The Observer, NECC’s newspaper
- Prepares you for transfer to 4-year school
- Courses are listed in the required order you should take them.
- Students should speak to their advisor before registering for classes.
- Finishing the LA: Writing Option degree in 2-3 years generally requires 15-18 credits per semester and may require summer or intersession courses
- Science elective must include a lab to fulfill science credits for graduation.
- Students must complete 62 credits total for this program
- It is highly recommended that graduates pursue a Bachelor degree using one of our transfer agreement.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.