Division of Health Professions
NECC Mission Statement
At NECC, our mission is to educate and inspire our students to succeed. We provide a welcoming environment focused on teaching and learning—strongly committed to unlocking the potential within each student and empowering our diverse community of learners to meet their individual goals. We are a community college dedicated to creating vibrant and innovative opportunities that encourage excellence and enhance the cultural and economic life of our region.
The Division of Health Professions contributes to and supports the mission of the College by providing high quality programs of study to educate competent entry level health care professionals.
The Division of Health Professions builds its philosophy on the College’s core values: Opportunity, Diversity, Student Success, Personal and Professional Growth, Respect, and Partnership. Therefore, we believe in and are committed to:
- Providing access to the health programs for all students who are qualified for admission.
- Providing educational pathways to enable students who need to take prerequisite courses, or to engage in preparatory coursework, an opportunity to establish and meet their educational goals.
- Developing a health care workforce that mirrors the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Providing a comprehensive system to facilitate achievement of the student’s educational goals.
- Providing an educational environment that instills a passion for lifelong learning.
- Creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation among our colleagues, and among the faculty, communities, and students we serve.
- Developing, maintaining, and evaluating educational partnerships with our various communities of interest.
- Creating diversity in the faculty and establishing a culture that recognizes and values the unique andragogical approaches to multicultural education.
- Enhancing communication with our communities of interest, thus allowing us to respond to the needs of those communities.
Adopted April 25, 2003
Reviewed September 7, 2004
Reviewed September 6, 2005
Reviewed September 3, 2013
Revised and affirmed September 2, 2014
Revised and affirmed September 6, 2016