Last year 190 NECC students were awarded 222 scholarships totaling more than $200,000 for the 2015/2016 academic year.
You may be eligible for a scholarship based on your academic performance, financial need, or other specific criteria such as degree or program. Scholarship awards can help you pay for tuition as well as reduce out-of-pocket expenses for things like books, supplies and health insurance. Unlike other forms of aid, funds you receive from a scholarship do not have to be paid back. Receiving financial aid does not prevent you from also receiving a scholarship.
Many NECC scholarships can now be applied for using an online scholarship application. We encourage you to browse the many different scholarship opportunities available on the pages listed below.
- General Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
- Incoming Freshman Scholarships
- PACE Scholarships
- iHealth@NECC Scholarship
- Retention Scholarship
- External Scholarships
For more information about the scholarships available and to learn how to apply please visit the individual scholarship pages or contact us.
The iHealth Scholarship provides access and support to students who wish to pursue a career in Healthcare. The scholarship funds can be used for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies (available at the NECC Bookstore)
- Health insurance (school policies only)
To be considered for the scholarship, students are required to:
- Be enrolled in an iHealth degree and/or certification program.
- Be making academic progress towards a degree or program (if a returning student).
- Have an Academic Plan in Degree Works or be working with an advisor to develop a plan that will lead to timely graduation with career readiness and/or transfer to a four year program.
- Complete the iHealth Scholarship Application/Agreement Form (PDF) (once they have registered for classes).
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA online and submitting any additional documentation required by NECC, so that a determination of need for the scholarship can be established.
Students must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters. The scholarship is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds are available. Applications may be submitted at the One-Stop Student Services Center in Haverhill, or Career Planning and Advising in Lawrence.
Applications for the Fall 2017 semester will be available beginning Wednesday, June 28 with a priority deadline of Friday, July 28. Applications will be reviewed based on fund availability in the order in which they are complete. A complete application includes scholarship application and financial aid application.
For more information or questions please contact:
Financial Aid Counselor