PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Part-time and full-time options available
- Must choose either the Exercise Science Transfer or the Health-Fitness-Instructor Concentration
- All PED courses are daytime only and held on the Haverhill Campus only
- The Fitness concentration offers hands-on experience in NECC’s Wellness & Fitness Center as a personal trainer
- Learn to develop fitness and nutrition programs
- Earn the National Strength & Conditioning Certificate in Personal Training at a discounted rate
- Pursue jobs as a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, youth sports programmer, fitness professional, or as a coach at a variety of levels
- The Exercise Transfer Concentration offers students with a well-rounded educational foundation that maximizes transfer opportunities to baccalaureate level programs in exercise physiology, nutrition, athletic training and pre-physical therapy
- Learn more about the Exercise Science program
- Courses are listed in required order that you should take them
- Some courses may be available in the summer semester
- Science courses are intensive, expect a challenging workload
- You may need additional math, reading, or writing courses before starting some courses. Take your assessment tests ASAP to see where you land.
- Various career paths, speak to an advisor early about yours!
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.