CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
CLEP & DSST Exam Schedule & Registration Steps
In-person Test Dates
- Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 at 9:00 AM
All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Haverhill Campus, Technology Center, TC-122
All General/Subject CLEP Examinations are available at each testing session as well as DSST exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Students will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel.
- Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credits awarded toward their program of study.
- If you plan to request testing accommodations, go to ACCOMMODATIONS for information, prior to registering.
- If you have received accommodations for testing, you are required to bring the approval for accommodated testing form to the proctor on test day.
- Per college policy, you will need to wear a protective face covering. We recommend you bring your own.
Principles of Public Speaking DSST exams require a private room so the exam date may require testing on a different date than posted or may require delivery in two (2) test sessions. You will receive an email to schedule your appointment.
Registration Steps for in-person testing (1-2-3):
1. Submit the CLEP/DSST Testing Request Form and choose a 1st and 2nd choice test date from the available test dates listed above and enter them on the request form.
2. Pay the NECC Registration Fee of $40.00 prior to your test date to reserve your seat. You can pay online or mail-in your payment. This is a non-refundable fee.
Online: Pay through our Destiny One online payment system by credit card. You must sign in or create an account.
Mail-in: Mail a money order only, made payable to NECC, for $40.00 to Northern Essex Community College, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830 Attn: Donna Felisberto.
You will receive an email confirmation when your registration form and payment is received and confirmed. Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must re-submit the $40.00 registration fee and a submit a new CLEP/DSST Testing Request form.
3. Create an account and pay for the CLEP exam at the College Board site or the DSST exam at the Prometric site. The fee for each CLEP exam is $89.00 and each DSST self funded exam is $100.00.
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726, or email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to Prometric TC Net and clicking Register Now. Select DSST Test Center 9745. Please bring your username, password and credit card with you on your day of testing.
CLEP and DSST have Remote Testing Options :
CLEP exams with remote proctoring are now available. Remote proctoring allows students to take an exam online while a human proctor monitors them via video.
At-home exams will be administered by Proctortrack, CLEP’s remote proctoring partner that specializes in verifying the identity of online test-takers while detecting and deterring academic misconduct. Proctortrack will serve as the sole provider of remote-proctored CLEP exams to ensure consistency in registration, scheduling, and administration in a secure online environment.
To provide greater access for eligible military members, DANTES-funded DSST exams are now available on a remote testing solution, ProProctor™ (excluding the The Principles of Public Speaking Parts 1 & 2 exams). Through the ProProctor platform, service members can now register to test anytime, anywhere–providing greater exam accessibility. Candidates can learn more and schedule a remote exam by visiting the DANTES page on prometric.com. If you have questions email DSSTcenter@prometric.com
For Military Examinees
- Please see CLEP Military Options (PDF) or DSST Military Options for more information.
- Get paid back for testing fees | Veteran’s postcard
Important information for test day:
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Important: Be sure your name on your ticket matches your name on your identification (ID)Print View