CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
Registration Steps (1-2-3)
2. Submit your non-refundable NECC Registration Fee of $40.00 prior to your test date to reserve your seat at Northern Essex. You can pay online, walk-in (prior to test date), or mail-in your payment.
Online: Click Register through FlexReg scheduling system to pay your fee by credit card. You must sign in or create an account for FlexReg. If you are a current student, your username is your NECC ID and your password is your Self-Service password. If you do not remember your password, contact the Service Desk and they will reset your password to your date of birth and you will then be able to reset it. The registration cycle is January-December of each year. During each registration cycle, first time test takers select CLEP/DSST Registration Fee-Test One. If you have tested at NECC during the registration cycle (January-December of the current year), select the appropriate CLEP/DSST Registration Fee – Test Two, Test Three, Test Four, Test Five, Test Six, Test Seven, Test Eight, Test Nine or Test Ten.
When using FlexReg Pop-Up Blockers must be disabled to enable registration and payment using FlexReg. Users must have the Adobe Flash Player installed on their computers. When using FlexReg for your online payment, do not X out of the windows until you have completed the entire process. Once you register and the payment process is complete, you can then Sign Out.
Do not close any windows throughout the FlexReg process. Leave your FlexReg window open and your TouchNet Payment window open until you have completed the payment process.
You will receive two (2) emails upon completion of your FlexReg process; one for your Course Registration and the second one for your TouchNet Payment confirmation. Do not close any windows until you receive these two (2) emails. Once you receive the two (2) emails, you can Sign Out. Do not X out.
Walk-in: Come to the Academic Placement & Testing Center prior to your test date. You can make your payment for your registration fees by credit card, money order or check at the time you walk-in.
Mail-in: Mail a money order only, made payable to NECC, for $40.00 to Northern Essex Community College, Academic Placement & Testing Center, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830.
You will receive confirmation materials when your registration form and payment is received and authorized. Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must re-submit the $40.00 registration fee and a new CLEP/DSST Testing Request form. All exam dates are subject to cancellation. (Please note that this rarely happens.) Students will be notified immediately if there is a need to cancel.
Any credits earned will be awarded upon completion of taking your exam.
3. Sign up and pay for the CLEP exam at the College Board site or the DSST exam at the Prometric site. The fee for each CLEP exam is $89.00 and each DSST exam is $85.00.
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726, or email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to https://tcnet.prometric.com/dsst and clicking on first-time registration. Select DSST Test Center 9745.
- Please bring your username and password with you on your day of testing.
Standardized Exam Registration
Any student is eligible to take CLEP or DSST Examinations. Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credit awards.
NECC students, see what CLEP/DSST General/Subject exams are accepted at NECC.
For Military Examinees
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
Important: Be sure your name on your ticket matches your name on your identification (ID)
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
Due to COVID-19:
- Do not bring a cell phone or personal belongings into the testing center (except for your ID, registration confirmations ticket, and car keys)
- You will need to wear a protective mask. We recommend you bring your own.
* Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams*
For more information on CLEP and DSST testing, email the Academic Placement & Testing Center.