CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
CLEP & DSST Exam Schedule & Registration Steps
In-person Test Dates
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 1:00 PM
- Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 1:00 PM
- Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM
All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Haverhill Campus, Technology Center, TC-122
All General/Subject CLEP Examinations are available at each testing session as well as DSST exams.
- Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credits awarded toward their program of study.
- If you plan to request testing accommodations, go to ACCOMMODATIONS for information, prior to registering.
- If you have received accommodations for testing, you are required to bring the approval for accommodated testing form to the proctor on test day.
- Per college policy, you will need to wear a protective face covering. We recommend you bring your own.
Principles of Public Speaking DSST exams require a private room so the exam date may require testing on a different date than posted or may require delivery in two (2) test sessions. You will receive an email to schedule your appointment.
Registration Steps for in-person testing (1-2-3):
1. Submit the CLEP/DSST Testing Request Form and choose a 1st and 2nd choice test date from the available test dates listed above and enter them on the request form.
2. Once you submit your form(s), you will receive an email with next steps.
- If you are NECC student taking a CLEP exam and having your official CLEP transcript sent to NECC, you will complete a CLEP Finish What you Started Testing Agreement Form and receive instructions to create an account at the College Board | CLEP website to purchase your CLEP exam with a voucher code and select Northern Essex Community College as your SCORE RECIPIENT.
- If you are a non-NECC student taking a CLEP exam, proceed to pay your NECC Registration fee on our Destiny One payment system and check your email for information to purchase your CLEP exam from the College Board | CLEP website. The fee for each CLEP exam is $89.00
- NECC Students and non-NECC students taking the DSST exam, proceed to pay your NECC Registration fee on our Destiny One payment system and check your email for information to create and account at the DSST Prometric site. The DSST self funded exam is $100.00.
3. All testers will receive an email confirmation when your form(s) and payment (if applicable) is received and confirmed. Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must start the registration process over.
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726, or email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to Prometric TC Net and clicking Register Now. Select DSST Test Center 9745. Please bring your username, password and credit card with you on your day of testing.
For Military Examinees
- Please see CLEP Military Options (PDF) or DSST Military Options for more information.
- Get paid back for testing fees | Veteran’s postcard
Important information for test day:
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Important: Be sure your name on your CLEP Confirmation ticket or DSST ticket with username and password and be sure the documents match your name on your identification (ID).Print View