CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
CLEP & DSST Exam Schedule & Registration Steps
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 10 AM
- Saturday, December 12, 2020, 9 AM
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 5 PM
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 5 PM
- Saturday, January 16, 2021, 9 AM
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 5 PM
Haverhill Campus, Technology Center, TC-122
All General/Subject CLEP Examinations are available at each testing session as well as DSST exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Students will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel.
- Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credits awarded toward their program of study.
- If you plan to request testing accommodations, go to ACCOMMODATIONS for information, prior to registering.
- Due to COVID-19:
- Do not bring a cell phone or personal belongings into the testing center (except for your ID, confirmation ticket and car keys).
- You will need to wear a protective face covering. We recommend you bring your own.
Principles of Public Speaking DSST exams require a private room so the exam date may require testing on a different date than posted or may require delivery in two (2) test sessions. You will receive an email to schedule your appointment.
Registration Steps (1-2-3)
1. Submit the CLEP/DSST Testing Request Form. Choose a 1st and 2nd choice test date from the available test dates above and enter them on the request form.
2. Pay the NECC Registration Fee of $40.00 prior to your test date to reserve your seat. You can pay online or mail-in your payment. This is a non-refundable fee.
Online: Click Register through FlexReg scheduling system to pay your fee by credit card. You must sign in or create an account for FlexReg. If you are a current student, your username is your NECC ID and your password is your Self-Service password. If you do not remember your password, contact the Service Desk and they will reset your password to your date of birth and you will then be able to reset it.
When using FlexReg Pop-Up Blockers must be disabled. Users must have the Adobe Flash Player installed on their computers. Do not X out of the windows until you have completed the entire process. Once you register and the payment process is complete, you can then Sign Out.
Do not close any windows throughout the FlexReg process. Leave your FlexReg window open and your TouchNet Payment window open until you have completed the payment process.
You will receive two (2) emails upon completion of your FlexReg process; one for your Course Registration and the second one for your TouchNet Payment confirmation. Do not close any windows until you receive these two (2) emails. Once you receive the two (2) emails, you can Sign Out. Do not X out.
Mail-in: Mail a money order only, made payable to NECC, for $40.00 to Northern Essex Community College, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830 Attn: Donna Felisberto.
You will receive an email confirmation when your registration form and payment is received and confirmed. Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must re-submit the $40.00 registration fee and a submit a new CLEP/DSST Testing Request form.
3. Create an account and pay for the CLEP exam at the College Board site or the DSST exam at the Prometric site. The fee for each CLEP exam is $89.00 and each DSST exam is $85.00.
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726, or email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to https://tcnet.prometric.com/dsst and clicking on first-time registration. Select DSST Test Center 9745. Please bring your username and password with you on your day of testing.
For Military Examinees
Important information for test day:
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
* Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams.
Important: Be sure your name on your ticket matches your name on your identification (ID)Print View