CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
CLEP & DSST Exam Schedule & Registration Steps
In-Person Test Dates
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, March 25, 2023, at 9:00 AM
- Saturday, April 1, 2023, at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 7, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, June 24, 2023, at 9:00 AM
Exam dates are subject to cancellation. If there is a need to cancel testers will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Testing is not available when the college is closed. You will be able to reschedule and not be charged an additional cost. There are a few ways to find out whether the college is closed:
Haverhill Campus, Technology Center, Check-in TC-122
All General/Subject CLEP Examinations are available at each testing session as well as DSST exams.
- Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credits awarded toward their program of study.
- If you plan to request testing accommodations, go to ACCOMMODATIONS for information, prior to registering.
- If you have received accommodations for testing, you are required to bring the approval for accommodated testing form to the proctor on test day.
- Prior to test day, review Coronavirus Information.
Registration Steps (1-2-3):
1. Choose a 1st and 2nd choice test date from the available test dates listed. Submit the CLEP/DSST Testing Request Form. You will be required to enter your 1st and 2nd choice test dates on the form.
2. Pay your NECC registration fee. Instructions are provided when you submit your request form and are listed below.
- Pay your NECC Registration fee on our Destiny One payment system (preferred method) or send a money order, made payable to NECC, for $40.00 to Donna Felisberto, NECC, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830. When making your online payment do not include Spanish accents on your name.
3. Check your email for a confirmation once your form is submitted and your payment is processed. This information will include your test date and time, directions to the testing center, requirements for test day and instructions to purchase your CLEP exam or register for a DSST exam. Instructions are provided in the confirmation and listed below.
Purchase your CLEP Exam from the College Board | CLEP. The fee for each CLEP exam is $90.00.
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726 or email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- If you have questions about registering and purchasing your CLEP exam, you can go to the CLEO chat bot in the Help Center.
About DSST and Registering for a DSST Exam from the DSST Prometric Site. The DSST self-funded exam is $100.00.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to Prometric TC Net and clicking Register Now. Select DSST Test Center 9745. Please bring your username, password and credit card with you on your day of testing. Note: Principles of Public Speaking DSST exams require a private room so the exam date may require testing on a different date than posted or may require delivery in two (2) test sessions. You will receive an email to schedule your appointment.
Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling. If you have not received it in 3-5 business days, be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must start the registration process over.
For Military Examinees
- Please see CLEP Military Options (PDF) or DSST Military Options for more information.
- Get paid back for testing fees | Veteran’s postcard
Important information for test day:
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Important: Be sure your name on your CLEP Confirmation ticket or DSST ticket with username and password and be sure the documents match your name on your identification (ID).Print View