Computer and Information Sciences: Networking and Security Associate Degree
Kick-Start a Career in Computer Networking and Security
NECC’s associate in science degree program in computer networking and security will prepare you for success in the rapidly expanding field of networking and security. Learn how to install, configure, and manage the hardware and software used in different networks and explore the skills needed to keep communications, operations, and network infrastructures secure from hacks and breaches.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC provides an affordable way for you to prepare for entry into a hot job market. With this program you will:
- Understand how to set up a Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Learn how to troubleshoot operating systems, create system users and groups, and administer permissions
- Gain knowledge of firewalls and other security measures for computer networks
- Understand how to assess network security and organizational risk for data breaches or operational interruptions
- Learn how to improve security across all aspects of computer operations
- Gain knowledge of data protection, system backups and recovery
- Build on your communication and problem-solving skills
- Benefit from extensive hands-on experience in NECC’s computer labs
Because of NECC
You will be prepared for various types of high-demand careers across multiple industries, including healthcare, education, defense, retail, and government. After completing our networking & security associate degree program you can:
- Pursue work as a network administrator, network support technician, system administrator and more
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in computer and information sciences or a related field
Northern Essex was just as focused as I was in finding a career for me that I would be challenged in, excel at, and enjoy.”
Samantha Romano, Computer & Information Science
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Computer Networking and Security degree.