Military Evaluations for Academic Credit at NECC
The Academic Placement & Testing Center has responsibility for evaluating military transcripts and relies on the American Council on Education (ACE) “Service members Opportunity College Guide” and the ACE website, for credit recommendations. There is no fee charged for this service or for the transcription of credit.
Please note the Military Crosswalk for Occupation/Course and NECC Equivalency does not include all possible Military Educational Experiences that may be evaluated for academic credit at Northern Essex Community College. Please contact the Veteran’s Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Steps for Evaluation of Military Transcripts:
- Go to the appropriate website below and print out a Military “Individual Transcript”.
- Request your Official Academic “Institutional Transcript” be sent to NECC Veteran’s Coordinator, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830.
- Please bring or mail your “Individual Transcript” in a sealed envelope to NECC Veteran’s Coordinator, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830.
- The Credit for Life Learning Coordinator will receive Military “Individual Transcript” for evaluation and posting of credit and the Veteran’s Coordinator will follow up with you.
- Get your Joint Services Transcript (except for Air Force)!
- To obtain an Air Force Transcript:
- Students can order an official CCAF transcript by logging on to Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) from a .mil computer.
Under “Self Service”, select “CCAF Student Services”.
Proceed to CCAF Online Student Services and select “Order a Transcript” from the Transcripts dropdown.
- BOST Transcripts can be obtained by contacting: Broadened Opportunity for Officer Selection and Training, 197 Elliot Avenue, Newport, RI 02841-1623. Commercial (401) 841-1623, DSN: 948-7948
- DD Form 295 – If you are unable to obtain one of the transcripts listed above, active duty personnel should submit a DD Form 295, Application for Evaluation of Learning Experiences during military service.
Important: The Academic Placement & Testing Center can use your “Individual Transcript” for the purpose of review only. Understanding what credits will be recommended will be important during the academic advising process. The college will posted credits to your Official NECC Transcript upon receipt of your “Institutional Transcript”. Please be advised that in some instances the Academic Placement & Testing Center will request the assistance of faculty members to review transcripts. Therefore you should request both forms (Institutional and Individual) transcripts as early as possible.
The grade of S (Satisfactory) is assigned to all credit awarded for military training or standardized testing.
Transfer of Credit to Four-Year Institutions
The policies governing the acceptance of credit awarded for military experience toward satisfying degree requirements vary among the degree-recommending colleges. Your credits will count toward your Northern Essex Community College degree/certificate. If you plan to transfer, the college to which you transfer may perform its own evaluation of your military credentials.
Other Helpful Sites for Military Personnel & Veterans
For more details contact:
- Donna Felisberto, Coordinator, Academic Placement & Testing Center