Computer and Information Sciences: Computer Science Associate Degree
Prepare for a Great Career in Computer Science
If you are planning on earning a bachelor’s degree in computer science, starting at NECC can save you thousands of dollars on your path to a career as a web developer, computer programmer, systems analyst, database manager, and more.
Why Choose NECC?
The program includes foundational coursework in computer science and mathematical concepts, as well as the liberal arts courses required to complete a bachelor’s degree. In this program you will:
- Learn and work in computer labs with state-of-the-art hardware and software
- Benefit from instruction in database management, programming, and information security
- Have access to tutors and career advisers
- Participate in career workshops designed to help you succeed in college and beyond.
- Gain real-world experience through internships
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to a large number of bachelor degree programs to pursue many types of careers.
- Transfer to bachelor degree programs in information technology, computer science, computer security, or a related field
- Save on the cost of earning a bachelor’s degree while benefiting from NECC’s educational supportive staff and resources
- Prepare for a career as a web developer, computer programmer, systems analyst, database manager, and more
Computer and Information
Sciences: Transfer Option
is one of NECC’s top ten
I looked and I thought ‘I can do Northern Essex.’…In addition to being affordable, it was close to home.”
Taylor Langlois, Computer & Information Science
Hear What Taylor Langlois, Computer and Information Sciences Student, Has to Say
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. The Computer and Information Sciences: Computer Science program has two pathways.
View the suggested pathway for the Computer Science Transfer Concentration
View the suggested pathway for the Web Development Concentration