Computer and Information Sciences: Computer Science Associate Degree
Prepare for a Great Career in Computer Science
If you are planning on transferring to earn your bachelor’s degree in computer science, or looking to directly enter the workforce in the web development field, this program is for you. You can prepare for a career as a computer programmer, systems analyst, database manager, web developer, and more – and save thousands of dollars along the way.
Why Choose NECC?
The Computer Science program includes foundational coursework in computer science and mathematical concepts needed to succeed in transferring to a Computer Science bachelor’s degree or entering the web development industry. In this program you will:
- Choose from Computer Science Transfer Concentration or Web Development Concentration.
- Learn and work in computer labs with state-of-the-art hardware and software.
- Have access to tutors and career advisers.
- Gain real-world experience through internships.
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to a large number of bachelor degree programs to pursue many computer science careers, or be prepared to directly enter the web development field.
- Transfer to bachelor degree programs in computer science, information technology, computer security, or a related field.
- Directly pursue a career in web development
- Save on the cost of earning a bachelor’s degree while benefiting from NECC’s educational supportive staff and resources
- Prepare for a career as a computer programmer, systems analyst, database manager, web developer, and more
Computer and Information
Sciences: Transfer Option
is one of NECC’s top ten
I looked and I thought ‘I can do Northern Essex.’…In addition to being affordable, it was close to home.”
Taylor Langlois, Computer & Information Science
Hear What Taylor Langlois, Computer and Information Sciences Student, Has to Say
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. The Computer and Information Sciences: Computer Science program has two pathways.
View the suggested pathway for the Computer Science Transfer Concentration
View the suggested pathway for the Web Development Concentration