Internship Education Course
Students applying for Internship Education Course must have completed a minimum of 12 college credit hours at NECC with a minimum GPA of 2.5. A CORI/SORI/CHRI check may be required by the worksite. Students will complete 12 hours in class and 168 hours on site.
Please speak with an advisor on the merits of taking the course and how an internship will benefit you. Students can not self-enroll in this course; by invitation only!
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Schedule of Important Dates for Spring 2021
Professional Development & Program Orientation
- Wednesday, January 13th from 9:00 am-11:00 am Virtual
On-site Internship Requirements (14 hours/week for 12 weeks)
- Start date: January 20th
- End Date: April 23rd
Internship Cohort Meetings (faculty will hold a required 30min check-ins during times indicated)
- Wednesday, January 20th from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 3rd from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 17th from 1:00-3:00 p.m. (Resumes reviews)
- Wednesday, March 3rd from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Room (LinkedIn)
- Wednesday, March 24th from 1:00-3:00 p.m. (Mock Interviews)
- Wednesday, April 14th from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Recognition Ceremony and Alumni Panel
- Friday, April 23rd from 12:00-2:00 p.m. in
All students will be visited at their site two times during the course of the semester. Meetings will involve the student, the site supervisor, and the internship coordinator.
- Site visit 1: between February 1st – February 13th
- Site visit 2: between April 5th – April 16th