Liberal Arts: Journalism and Communication
NECC Can Prepare You for an Exciting Career in Journalism and Communication!
If you like to write, have a curious nature, and want to work in a fast-paced field, the Journalism and Communication program is for you. This program will prepare you for a career in print or broadcast journalism, public relations, or corporate communications.
Why Choose NECC?
By earning an Associate in Arts Degree in Liberal Arts: Journalism/Communication Option at NECC, you’ll save thousands of dollars on the cost of your bachelor’s degree. You can choose from journalism and communication concentrations and learn what it’s like to work in the communications field. In this program you can:
- Gain a solid foundation in writing for various purposes and audiences
- Acquire real-world experience through internships
- Write for the NECC’s bi-weekly newspaper, the Observer, or Parnassus, the campus literary arts magazine
- Participate in career workshops
- Develop your professional skills through networking and mentoring opportunities with alumni and specialists in the field
Because of NECC
Upon completion of the Journalism/Communication program, you will be prepared to transfer to complete your bachelor’s degree and pursue many career paths. You can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree in a Journalism/Communication field, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
- Seek a career in print or broadcast journalism, public relations, advertising, or corporate communications
- Work as a reporter, news analyst, editor, program director, or producer, public relations specialist, and more
Everything you learn in your classes will have relevance, especially if you transfer. Appreciate the many opportunities you’re getting through NECC and take advantage of them as much as possible.”
Matt Gingras, Journalism/Communication