Tutoring Schedules and Locations, and Cancellations
Free tutoring is available to all NECC students. See the schedules below for hours and availability.
The Tutoring Center will be offering in-person appointments along with virtual/remote appointments beginning September 13, 2021.
To make an appointment for in-person or virtual tutoring:
- Go to Navigate by logging into the app (search for Navigate Student in the Google Play or Apple App Store) and clicking on “Appointments” or log into Navigate on a computer by signing into myNECC and clicking on “Navigate Student”
- Select either virtual or one of the tutoring locations in Haverhill or Lawrence for in-person appointments.
To facilitate tutors to effectively prepare for your meeting, please provide the following information when making your appointment:
- Provide your course number
- What chapter you’d like to address (STEM subjects)
- Provide specific problem numbers and/or questions (STEM subjects)
- Send a draft of your essay along with assignment directions for remote appointments (Writing/ESL)
- Tutors can not help students with quizzes or tests
- Appointments are set for 30 or 60 minutes depending on the subject
- If you have an in-person appointment, you will need to leave the center after your meeting for the safety of you and others
- Please consider canceling your meeting if you cannot attend to give other students the chance to use the tutoring services. With your email confirmation of the meeting, you’re provided instructions on how to cancel.
Questions or issues please email the Tutoring Center Coordinator, Jennifer Levesque at email@example.com
All Accounting Tutoring will occur online via Zoom Virtual Meeting during the Fall semester.
ThinkingStorm is an academic support program that gives all NECC students 24/7 online tutoring in a variety of subjects.
To access ThinkingStorm go to your Blackboard page. There will be a link to ThinkingStorm in the lower left corner. Click on login to ThinkingStorm and you will see the tutoring options.
Take Advantage of Online Tutoring
Can’t make it to the tutoring center but still need help? As an NECC student, you also have access to ThinkingStorm Online Tutoring.
Accommodations and Access Requests
Individuals who have access requests (including food related allergies), please contact Learning Accommodations at 978-556-3654. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may contact our office via the relay service by dialing 7-1-1 (TTY) or through Video Relay Service (VRS) of their choice. Individuals requesting sign language interpreting, please contact Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.Print View