Health Insurance Information for NECC Students
Chapter 15 of the General Laws of Massachusetts requires that all students enrolled in nine or more credit hours participate in the College Student Medical and Accident Insurance Plan. This requirement may be waived for students who already have comparable health insurance coverage by completing the electronic Health Insurance Waiver.
Please note: The health insurance fee must be paid in full in order to receive coverage.
The Following Programs Cannot Be Used to Waive the Health Insurance
- Health Safety Net
- Children’s Medical Security Plan
- MassHealth Limited
- Free Care Plans offered by a medical facility
- Foreign insurance policies
Health Insurance Deadlines
In order to purchase or waive the health insurance, payment or waiver must be submitted by Friday October 22, 2021.
In order to purchase or waive the health insurance, payment or waiver must be submitted by Friday March 18, 2022
2021-2022 Health Insurance Fees
Annual premium $3,599.00
Spring premium $2,401.00
Health Insurance Waiver Instructions
To waive the Student Health Insurance Charge visit: www.gallagherstudent.com/necc and follow the instructions below.
First time users will need to create an account (you will need your student ID#). Returning users can log using their existing account. Please complete the following steps:
- Mobile Device Users: After clicking the link, click on the “Quick Links” drop-down and under “Student Access” select “Student Waive”. You will be prompted to login or create an account.
- Computer Users: After clicking the link, on the left side menu under “Student Access”, click on “Student Waive”. You will be prompted to login or create an account.
- Answer the questions
- Click to Continue
- Complete: Student Information
- Check box next to I want to Waive
- Enter Your Insurance Information
- Click Submit Form
Once the waiver is submitted you will receive a confirmation number, which you should save for your records.
Please note that it takes at least 24 hours for the waiver to reflect on your account.
Health Insurance Waiver Video Instructions
Click HERE to the Health Insurance Video Instructions.
What If My Health Insurance Is Terminated After I Submitted the Waiver?
If your health insurance coverage is terminated you can consider a Petition to Add, within 30 days of the termination date. For more information please visit the Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk or call 877-320-1711.Print View