PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Associate Degree prepares students for entering the job market or for transfer to some 4 year Institutions]
- Can be part-time
- The program can be started in the fall, spring, or summer semester
- Day and evening classes available
- Approximately 85% of the courses in this program can be taken Online
- Classes are offered on both the Haverhill and Lawrence campuses
- Milestone classes mainly on Haverhill campus
- Internship course is an elective in the program
- You may need additional math, reading, or writing courses before starting the accounting core courses. Take your assessment tests as soon as possible to find out what your skill levels are.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in Intro. To Accounting I (ACC101) to take Intro. To Accounting II (ACC102)
- A grade of “C” or better is required in Intro. To Accounting II (ACC102) to take all upper-level accounting courses
- NECC has transfer articulation agreements with other post-secondary institutions that allow Accounting students to transfer seamlessly into bachelor’s degree programs
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.