PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Specific admission requirement must be completed to enter this program
- The Medical Assistant Certificate at NECC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (CRB-AAMAE).
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required
- Program starts in Fall only
- Full-time day program
- Lawrence campus only for Medical Assisting lecture/lab courses
- Students are randomly placed in a clinical sites-reliable transportation needed.
- Students are required to complete a health form and have the required immunizations to attend clinical.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in all courses within the Medical Assistant certificate
- Courses are listed in the required order you should take them.
- Medical Assistant Practicum is two full days (Tuesday/Thursday) a week during Spring Semester
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.