PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Specific admission criteria required.
- The Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission in Nursing Education (ACEN)
- The Practical Nursing Program has full approval by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
- CORI/SORI check and random drug screening required.
- Program begins in the Fall semester only.
- Full Time/3 semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) day program
- Nursing Courses held on the Lawrence campus only.
- Students randomly placed in clinical sites-Methuen, Tewksbury, Haverhill, Lawrence, and North Andover.
- Successful completion of the program allows students to sit for the NCLEX-PN licensing exam.
- Courses must be taken in the specific sequence shown here, but the non-PNS courses can be taken prior to entering the program
- This is an intense, fast paced 10 month certificate program
- Students enrolling in the PN option should be aware of professional attributes such as respect, compassion, altruism, honesty, and courage required to provide safe nursing care to people of all ages.
- Success in this profession will require excellent communication, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Students must be admitted to the PN option in order to enroll in practical nursing (PNS) courses.
- Practical Nursing Clinical is 15hrs/wk.-Thursday/Friday from 0630-1430.
- Graduates applying for licensure must demonstrate “good moral character” per the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.