PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- The ECE Program prepares students to meet MA state requirements for teacher certification from the MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- Students can transfer to a number of 4-year schools to continue in a baccalaureate program
- Students have opportunities to observe and student-teach in local schools for field placement and practicum courses
- CORI/SORI/CHRI required for participation in all field placement and practicum courses
- Courses are scheduled on the Haverhill campus and on the Lawrence campus
- Online and on campus classes offered
- Day and evening classes available
- The ECE Program is accredited by NAEYC
- Students who intend to graduate with an associate degree in 2 years should enroll in 5 courses each semester and plan to take general education courses in the summer sessions
- Students will need reliable transportation to travel to and from assigned placements in local schools
- A grade of C or better is required in all ECE courses in order to continue to the next semester sequence of ECE courses
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.