PART-TIME PATHWAYS (3 to 5 years) are available for most degrees. To qualify to take college-level classes, some students may be required to take college preparation classes first.
- Prepares you for transfer to 4-year school
- Mixture of classroom and lab-based learning
- Courses range from molecular biology to ecology
- Strong foundation for pre-med, pre-vet, and pre-pharmacy
- Day and evening courses available
- Flexible online hybrid format for many core courses
- Courses available on Haverhill and Lawrence campuses
- You may need additional math, reading, or writing courses before starting the Biology core courses. Take your assessment tests ASAP to see where you land.
- Science degrees are intense; expect to take a math course and a chemistry course every semester in addition to your biology and general education courses.
- You must earn a C or better in all your science courses.
- Finishing the biology degree in 2-3 years generally requires taking 15-18 credits per semester, and may require summer or intersession courses.
Milestone courses are the most important for success in the program, should be taken in the sequence shown, and may require certain grades or other outcomes for your continued progress toward graduation. They may also cover most, or all the six core skills required for graduation.
You are encouraged to use this pathway checklist with an advisor as a worksheet when planning your progress toward a degree or certificate. This checklist is not your academic transcript and it is not official notification of completion of degree or certificate requirements.