Studying Accounting at NECC Can Get You Where You Want to Go!
From simple bookkeeping to complex financial assessments, accounting professionals know how to help businesses track and report their finances. Consistently ranked among the top 10 jobs by Boston Works, accounting may be ideal for you if you are detailed-oriented, have good communication skills and a strong work ethic.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s Associate in Science Degree in Accounting will prepare you for many career opportunities in business, industry, banking, government, or non-profit organizations. Many students choose to transfer to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a business field, and some also work and earn a bachelor’s degree at the same time, as there are many opportunities for part-time book-keeping and auditing. With this program you will:
- Learn accounting theory and practice, cost methods, and financial reporting
- Take core business courses
- Gain real-world experience through internships at local companies
- Participate in Alpha Beta Gamma, an international business honor society
Because of NECC
You will join thousands of other NECC alumni who have gone on to successful careers in the field of accounting. After completing the program you can:
- Begin working immediately as a bookkeeper, accounting, or auditing clerk
- Transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor’s degree, while saving thousands of dollars on your education.
- Work in a wide variety of industries and business settings from large corporations to start ups; you may also be able work from home with occasional visits to the office or clients.
Nearly 2 Million
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimated that there were 1,760,300 jobs in the field in 2014.
My internship was at Bradford & Bigelow, Inc. and I was hired for a full-time position a month after I completed my internship.”
Fausto Caba, NECC Accounting major
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Accounting.