General Studies: Individualized Option
Customize Your Degree at NECC
With the General Studies: Individualized Option Program, you can take advantage of all the benefits NECC has to offer – low cost, free tutoring, career and transfer services – while earning credits toward a bachelor’s degree for which there is no related associate degree at NECC. After consulting or meeting with an Academic Advisor, you could choose this program to prepare for careers in architectural design, fashion design, funeral home management, veterinary sciences, plant and soil sciences, communications disorders, and more.
Why Choose NECC?
In addition to completing foundational courses (general education courses) required to earn almost every bachelor’s degree, your curriculum will also include classes tailored to meet the requirements of your specific program. You will work closely with an advisor to select courses, ensuring that you are able to transfer the maximum number of credits. You will also be able to take advantage of the MassTransfer Pathways program, saving thousands of dollars on the cost of a four-year degree. In this program you will:
- Complete multiple foundational courses in science, math, English, history, and the humanities –
gen ed courses that can be transferred to almost any school
- Work closely with an advisor to select the best courses to meet the requirements of your desired degree
- Develop academic skills (note-taking, studying, test-taking) in a supportive environment
- Benefit from workshops and other career resources
Because of NECC
You will make a smart start to your education, earning up to 61 transferrable credits in the most affordable way possible. You will also benefit from extensive student support services. After completing the program you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree in your desired field
- Pursue your dream career while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree!
My experience has changed me as a person.”
Laurine Faro, General Studies: Individualized Option