Dental Assisting Certificate
Prepare for a Career as a Dental Assistant
Dental assistants provide patient care and maintain patient records, in addition to working closely with dentists and dental hygienists and assisting during procedures and examinations. Job opportunities are excellent and are expected to continue to grow, especially as research continues to show the link between oral health and overall health.
Why Choose NECC?
At NECC, the Dental Assisting Certificate will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills required to work as an entry-level dental assistant. With this program, you will:
- Participate in classroom study, laboratory practice, and clinical experiences
- Learn about general dentistry and different specialties, including endodontics, orthodontics, periodontics, and pediatric dentistry
- Gain real-world experience through a practicum (internship) working in a dental office
- Have the opportunity to analyze dental assisting procedures, patient care, and hear guest lectures
Because of NECC
The Dental Assisting Certificate Program at NECC will prepare you to work in private dental offices or specialty practices. You can also transfer into either a two-year or four-year program for dental hygiene. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to:
- Take the Certification for Dental Assistants examination sponsored by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
- Become a Certified Dental Assistant upon successfully passing the Certification for Dental Assistants examination
- Seek a job as a dental assistant in a private dental office or general or specialty practice
A lot of people hire NECC dental assistants because they hear such great things about the program.”
Taylor Early, Dental Assisting Certificate