Close the Gap Between Your Outstanding Balance and Tuition and Fees
The Access scholarship is for new students or those who have completed less than 24 college level credits. It will help you close the gap between the cost of your tuition and fees, and your outstanding balance.
The Access Scholarship provide free funds that you can use for educational expenses including:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and supplies (anything that is available at NECC’s bookstore)
- Health insurance (that is offered by NECC)
Access Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for an Access Scholarship you must:
- Have less than 24 college level credits (includes new students)
- Be matriculated into a degree or certificate program
- Be enrolled at least half-time in required courses
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA (no gpa requirement for a new student – this is for a continuing student)
- Complete the FAFSA and exhaust all forms of available free aid first
- Have an outstanding balance
- Complete the Access Scholarship Application
The Fall 2020 application is now closed.
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received and Access Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis each semester. You must reapply to qualify for the scholarship in subsequent semesters even if you received an Access Scholarship previously. Students cannot receive refunds from the Access Scholarship.