Associate of Applied Science in Laboratory Science
Studying Lab Science at NECC Can Get You Where You Want to Go!
Are you interested in pursuing a career in science? The Lab Science Program will train you for a laboratory career in a variety of fields, including biotechnology, environmental sciences, and analytical chemistry.
Why Choose NECC?
With Lab Science at NECC, you will be able to get a job when you graduate with your associate degree, or you can transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related science field. (Some of our students do both and get great jobs while continuing their education!) With this program, you will:
- Get hands-on training in NECC’s state-of-the art labs
- Learn the foundational knowledge in science and laboratory skills you need to succeed
- Participate in a laboratory intensive research project
- Gain real-world experience through an internship at a professional lab in the area
- Take part in professional development and networking opportunities
Because of NECC
You will be able to join our other graduates who have found success in their careers. After completing the lab science program at NECC, you can:
- get a great job as an entry-level lab technician
- transfer to a four-year college or university to earn your bachelor’s degree
- work in medical, hospital, forensics, or quality control (QC) labs in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical manufacturing, or environmental industries
I went from being an unmotivated student to a driven lab science major because of Northern Essex.”
April Anamisis, Lab Science
91% of graduates have found jobs
in the science field or transferred
to a 4-year college/university
For graduates who seek
a career after NECC,
80% found jobs
Mass. is #1 one employer
and highest paying employer of
lab technicians in the country
Hear What Students and Faculty Have to Say
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.