Academic Placement & Testing Center
There is an NECC Parking Policy at the Haverhill & Lawrence Campus. Please click here to see the policy before you come for Academic Placement & Testing Services.
You must have a NECC ID to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you do not, click here and fill out the required form to receive your NECC ID. You will receive your NECC ID number via email within 24 hours.
- Assessment in reading, writing, and math to determine placement in courses which are appropriate to the student’s level of academic skills.
- ESL testing assesses in reading, grammar, writing & communication for students enrolling in the English as a Second Language Program.
For ACCUPLACER Fax/Email information, click here.
Remote Testing involves students taking the ACCUPLACER assessment test at an educational institution with the intention of attending another college.
To remotely assess, email email@example.com with the following information:
- If you want to test at NECC for another institution provide the following information: Name of institution you are testing for, the contact person, email and phone number at the institution.
- If you want to test at an educational institution for NECC, you will need to find a location that is willing to remotely test you and email the following: Name of institution, the contact person, email and phone number at the institution.
- CLEP helps students of all ages earn credit for their college-level knowledge.
- DSST is an effective method to provide your college with evidence of prior learning.
Designed to recognize and value the breadth of experience and skills adults returning to college bring with them, and for which they may be entitled to college credit.
- Challenge Exams – if you feel that your background, education, and experience have given you sufficient knowledge in a subject area, you may challenge certain courses.
- Evaluation by Portfolio – a learning portfolio is an instrument used by students to petition to receive college credit.
- Evaluation by Credential – a process of recognizing and equating to NECC courses, learning that has been achieved with a non-collegiate educational program of study conducted by one or more qualified instructors.
- Military Evaluations – evaluation of military for credit recommendations.
- CLEP/DSST Exams – is an effective method to help students earn credit for what they already know through prior learning.
- Language Proficiency Testing – Measure your knowledge in one of 50 languages through NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies or Brigham Young University – BYU.
The High School Equivalency Testing Program (formally the GED®) in Massachusetts is overseen by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s High School Equivalency (HSE) Office. Official test centers operate state-wide to serve the needs of the adult population in need of a high school credential.
If you are still interested in receiving the official score report/transcript of your GED scores, click here.
Northern Essex Community College is now a member of the Kryterion international testing network. As a member, we are able to administer high-stakes exams for major certifications in a multitude of industries.
Kryterion Inc., a subsidiary of Drake International, is a leader in test development and delivery, providing testing solutions to the certification, licensure and education markets globally. Exams are securely delivered in the cloud via a SaaS model technology providing candidates with a premier testing experience.
Click here for Kryterion Testing information.
Northern Essex Community is a Pearson VUE Test Center.
Our center is authorized to deliver exams for the following Pearson VUE Testing clients:
- Evaluation Systems (including MTEL)
- Evaluation Systems CCIS
- Evaluation Systems Pilots
- NES (National Evaluation Series)
- Information Technology IT (including Microsoft, Adobe, CompTIA)
- American Medical Technology AMT (including MLT Medical Laboratory Technician)
- VUE Testing
- APICS Exams (including CPIM)
Click here for Pearson VUE Test Preparation information, Pearson VUE Test Registration information and to view your Pearson VUE Program and search for Exams.
- Proctored Testing is provided for institutions that would like an exam proctored at NECC for a student from their institution.
- Language Proficiency Testing – Foreign Language Proficiency testing is provided for students that would like an exam proctored at NECC from New York University – NYU or Brigham Young University – BYU.
- Assessments for Health Profession applicants include TEAS V for Nursing, TEAS V for Allied Health and Fundamentals Assessment Testing for LPN (LPN-RN Assessment Test).
The Academic Placement & Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association.
Northern Essex Community College is deemed a “Military Friendly School“.