Academic Placement & Testing Center
There is an NECC Parking Policy at the Haverhill & Lawrence Campus. Please click here to see the policy before you come for Academic Placement & Testing Services.
You must have a NECC ID to take the ACCUPLACER test. If you do not, click here and fill out the required form to receive your NECC ID. You will receive your NECC ID number via email within 24 hours.
- Assessment in reading, writing, and math to determine placement in courses which are appropriate to the student’s level of academic skills.
- ESL testing assesses in reading, grammar, writing & communication for students enrolling in the English as a Second Language Program.
Remote testing involves students taking the ACCUPLACER assessment test at a local educational institution with the intention of attending another college.
For ACCUPLACER Fax/Email information, click here.
- CLEP helps students of all ages earn credit for their college-level knowledge.
- DSST is an effective method to provide your college with evidence of prior learning.
The High School Equivalency Testing Program (formally the GED®) in Massachusetts is overseen by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s High School Equivalency (HSE) Office. Official test centers operate state-wide to serve the needs of the adult population in need of a high school credential.
If you are still interested in receiving the official score report/transcript of your GED scores, click here.
- Proctored Testing is provided for institutions that would like an exam proctored at NECC for a student from their institution.
- Language Proficiency Testing - Foreign Language Proficiency testing is provided for students that would like an exam proctored at NECC from New York University – NYU or Brigham Young University – BYU.
- Assessments for Health Profession applicants inlcude TEAS V for Nursing, TEAS V for Allied Health and LPN STEP.
Northern Essex Community is a Pearson VUE Test Center. Test and Registration information can be found at: http://www.pearsonvue.com/.
Our center is authorized to deliver exams for the following Pearson VUE Testing clients:
- Evaluation Systems (including MTEL)
- Evaluation Systems CCIS
- Evaluation Systems Pilots
- Information Technology IT (including Microsoft, Adobe, CompTIA)
- American Medical Technology AMT (including MLT Medical Laboratory Technician)
- VUE Testing
- APICS Exams (including CPIM)
Pearson VUE Test Prep
Designed to recognize and value the breadth of experience and skills adults returning to college bring with them, and for which they may be entitled to college credit.
- Challenge Exams - if you feel that your background, education, and experience have given you sufficient knowledge in a subject area, you may challenge certain courses.
- Evaluation by Portfolio - a learning portfolio is an instrument used by students to petition to receive college credit.
- Evaluation by Credential - a process of recognizing and equating to NECC courses, learning that has been achieved with a non-collegiate educational program of study conducted by one or more qualified instructors.
- Military Evaluations - evaluation of military for credit recommendations.
- CLEP/DSST Exams - is an effective method to help students earn credit for what they already know through prior learning.
- Language Proficiency Testing - Measure your knowledge in one of 50 languages through NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies or Brigham Young University – BYU.
The Academic Placement & Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association.
Northern Essex Community College is deemed a “Military Friendly School“.