Academic Placement & Testing Center
Academic Placement & Testing Center Update
The Academic Placement & Testing Center remote student service hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Due to COVID-19 and in an effort to keep everyone safe, and with limited college resources, we encourage students to test remotely. The Academic Placement & Testing Center will continue to offer remote testing and is offering in-person services at the Haverhill Campus, on a limited basis.
- Academic Assessment (ACCUPLACER) is being offered remotely and in-person, on a limited basis, at the Haverhill Campus, by appointment only. Prior to testing, check our list of waiver options to determine if you may be waived from testing on the Academic Assessment web page. If you need to test, go to the Accuplacer Test Dates page to request an appointment.
- ATI TEAS and Fundamentals testing will be offered remotely until further notice, for NECC students. Go to the Health Profession Testing page for registration information.
- HiSET and GED testing is being offered remotely until further notice. Go to the HSE Testing Registration Information page for more information.
- All other testing services (CLEP-DSST, Pearson VUE, Kryterion, and Proctored Testing) are being scheduled on a limited basis. Go to our Testing Services page, and select the test you are interested in taking for registration information and updates.
- Credit for Prior Learning is available remotely. Go to our Credit for Prior Learning page to Get Started.
Students may contact us via email at the Academic Placement & Testing Center. In your message, please include your name, email address, phone number and the reason for contacting us.
Whether you are looking to take the Academic Placement Assessment to become a student at NECC, take advantage of our testing services such as HiSET/GED or ATI TEAS for our health profession programs, or earn college credit with our Credit for Prior Learning for your previously gained knowledge or skills, the Academic Placement & Testing Center can help.
When you become an NECC student, you will take the Academic Placement Assessment, or ACCUPLACER, which will help to accurately place you in the appropriate English and math classes to ensure your success.
Learn more about taking the Academic Placement Assessment.
As a National College Testing Association (NCTA) certified testing center, we offer a variety of testing services. Whether you are looking to earn college credit by completing an exam on a certain subject, take a test for licensure and certifications, take the GED or HiSET to earn your high school equivalency credential or take the ATI TEAS test for our health profession programs, we can help.
Learn more about our Testing Services.
Credit for Prior Learning
Do you have career or military experience? Are you proficient with computers and software? Do you speak Spanish or another language? Then you may be able to earn college credit for your knowledge and skills. With NECC’s Credit for Prior Learning, you can save money, move through the sequence of courses at a faster pace, and graduate quicker!
Learn more about Credit for Prior Learning.
Contact and About Us
View the Academic Placement & Testing Center’s Contact information, hours, mission statement and policies.