Board of Directors Nominations
Members of the Board of Directors sit on the advisory and policy-making body for the NECC Foundation. They are responsible for the fiduciary oversight of the work of the Foundation in service to NECC and its community. They work with the Executive Director to determine Foundation priorities, facilitate connections to area businesses and organizations, and help support and identify opportunities for collaboration and philanthropic support. The Board oversees the Foundation budget.
Members of the Board of Directors are selected by the Foundation Nomination and Selection Committee.
Term of Office & Meetings
Members of the Board of Directors serve one to three-year renewable terms and are expected to attend meetings of the board, generally held in September, December, February, and May.
Desirable Board Member Attributes
Directors should be typical of the leadership of foundations the world over. Directors should bring a breadth of experience and points of view. A wide variety of volunteer experiences including fundraising is preferred. The Foundation seeks diversity of its board members, including by age, gender, business, ethnicity, geographic distribution, and range of volunteer involvement.
In evaluating and appointing candidates for board membership, the Foundation considers some or all of the following attributes:
- Awareness and understanding of Northern Essex Community College
- Demonstrated volunteer leadership, collaboration, initiative, and follow-through
- Willingness to participate in the NECC Fund and encourage giving within the community by contributing to the future well-being of the College
- Relevant organizational board/committee experience (for-profit/non-profit)
- Ability to analyze and ask questions at a strategic level; provide and seek constructive feedback; exhibit strong listening skills
- Ability to seek and gain consensus; consider different viewpoints and perspectives
- Willingness to make personal and professional connections that lead to additional support for NECC.
Nomination is currently closed