Commonwealth Honors Program
The Commonwealth Honors Program
Academic Rigor, Personal Rewards
If you have earned a B+ average in high school or are a current NECC student or transferring to NECC with a minimum 3.2 GPA, you are eligible to participate in the Commonwealth Honors Program. Successful completion of the program guarantees admittance to the Commonwealth Honors Program at any of Massachusetts’ state universities. It also adds significantly to your application credentials for private four-year schools.
You must complete a minimum of THREE Honors Courses:
- Complete any combination of two honors courses (click on link to view current courses) OR honors projects (PDF) (click on link to download the Honors Project Proposal Form). An Honors Project is done in a non-honors course with guidance from a faculty mentor to earn honors credit for that course.
- Complete EITHER Honors Seminar (HON200) OR Honors Humanities (HON201).
Commonwealth Honors Program Benefits
- All honors courses and projects are noted on your transcript
- Opportunity to present research at statewide and regional conferences
- Opportunity to earn Follett gift cards and transfer scholarships
- Enhance your transfer application credentials to a four-year school
- Use of the Honors Student Lounge for studying, computer use and printing
- Special recognition as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar at graduation
- Guaranteed admittance into the Commonwealth Honors Program at any state college or university upon graduating as a CHP Scholar