Transferring in to NECC
Transfer in to NECC From Any Institution!
Transferring In? We Make It Easy!
Have you tried another college but had trouble making it work, whether socially, financially, or academically? Then come to Northern Essex Community College! We have about 60 credit programs, great academic support services, and a rich student life. Our smaller class sizes and dedicated faculty make this college a great choice for you. Close to one-third of our students who enrolled at Northern Essex in the fall of 2018 had credits from another college on their transcripts and found success here. We welcome you to join them and get your education back on track!
All You Have to Do to Attend Northern Essex Is:
- Request that your former college, an accredited college or university, send an official college transcript for a credit evaluation to NECC’s office of admissions, either through email at email@example.com or mailed to:
NECC Welcome Express Office
Northern Essex Community College
100 Elliott Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
- Once your transcript has been received, you can complete the mandatory NECC Student Orientation. You will then be contacted by Academic Advising to set up your advising and registration appointment.
While credits that transfer vary by program and your advisor will let you know which of your course credits transfer, credit may be awarded for college level courses with a grade of “C” or better. A minimum of 24 credit hours of course work must be completed at NECC in order to qualify for an associate degree and a minimum of 12 credits must be completed at NECC to qualify for a certificate.
The Office of Admission has a variety of ways for prospective students and families to get in touch with us virtually. Check out an upcoming “Virtual Information Session” in which an Admission Counselor will offer a 20-minute live presentation highlighting academic programs, support services and student life opportunities at NECC.
For questions related to admission to the college, you can email or chat with us live.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Chat Live with an Admission Counselor
- Chat Hours:
- Monday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for an upcoming Virtual Information Session
Behrakis Student Center
100 Elliott Street
Student Success Hub
El Hefni Allied Health and Technology Center (LC Building)
414 Common Street
We appreciate your interest in Northern Essex Community College and look forward to hearing from you!
Northern Essex has given me the direction I needed – and so much more. I’m essentially getting the same quality of education that I would get a four-year school, but for a much lower price!”
Kiley Broadhurst, Liberal Arts: Journalism and Communication, Transferred in to NECC