Health Information Email – March 11, 2020
As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus and with Governor Baker’s Declaration of Emergency, we wanted to share with our community some important updates.
- A crisis response team from the college, Lead by CFO/COO Mike McCarthy and Asst. VP of Student Affairs Jennifer Mezquita, has been assembled specifically to respond to coronavirus-related issues.
- We have created a site for updated information, various campus communications and links to key governmental agencies. This site can be found off our main page at www.necc.mass.edu or directly at www.necc.mass.edu/public-safety/coronavirus-information/. Please check regularly for all updates.
- We have asked people traveling during spring break to please complete a Travel Form. The original form does say international, however given yesterday’s declaration we are asking to be notified on all travel. One form that can be typed into is located at https://northernessex.wufoo.com/forms/xaiouj10p0abkj/. The original form from PDF is https://www.necc.mass.edu/wp-content/uploads/public-safety/Spring-Break-Travel-Reporting-Form-Revised-3-4-20.pdf.
- Following guidance provided by Governor Baker this afternoon for Commonwealth of Massachusetts employees of the executive branch, we are immediately suspending all college-related international and domestic out-of-state travel for NECC students, faculty, and staff.
- We have encouraged faculty to be prepared to provide alternative instructional delivery, and academic deans will be consulting with faculty to determine preparedness and potential needs.
- We have added 75 hand sanitizers across both campuses
- For the next 30 days, all large group meetings/gatherings, will limited exceptions, will be cancelled, rescheduled, and/or moved to online formats as appropriate. Events beyond 30 days will be monitored and decisions made as necessary.
We understand these updates with raise a lot of questions. These measures are in effect and will be revisited in 30 days. These are unprecedented times and the situation is evolving. We will continue to work with both local and statewide labor unions to impact bargain as needed as new adjustment/restrictions may be added.
Please continue to monitor e-mail and check www.necc.mass.edu/public-safety/coronavirus-information to stay up to date with all information related to COVID-19, and the actions/steps to be taken on campus.
If you have any questions, please send them to me at email@example.com.Print View