Medical Office Assistant Certificate
Get Started on a Career in Health Care With a Medical Office Assistant Certificate!
Prepare for a career in health care in less than a year! Medical Office Assistants perform administrative and clinical tasks to keep health practitioners’ offices running smoothly. Job duties include assisting in health care offices as a receptionist, appointment scheduler, or medical record clerk.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Medical Office Assistant Certificate, you will be prepared for an entry level career in health care when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence campus once or twice a week – making it easier to fit college in with your busy life.
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support.
- Learn medical terminology, effective communication skills, computer applications, medical records management, medical insurance requirements, and front-office management procedures.
- Gain real world experience in a Medical Office Assistant externship.
Because of NECC
You will be able to pursue a job in a health care setting. You will be able to:
- Work in a health care center, clinic, home health agency, and ambulatory care center.
- Transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization.
- Take the National Health Care Association certification exam to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA).
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Medical Office Assistant.