Practical Nursing Certificate
Start Your Career as a Practical Nurse
If you are seeking a career in nursing, beginning as a practical nurse is a great way to start. The Practical Nursing Certificate at NECC includes classroom study, laboratory practice, and clinical experiences to prepare you for an entry level job as a practical nurse.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s program is approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. As a successful graduate of the program you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). You can also apply credits earned to NECC’s associate degree in nursing, which also offers an advanced placement option for licensed practical nursing. In this program you will:
- Learn about human anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology
- Compete a sequence of nurse training courses including significant laboratory work
- Benefit from multiple supervised experiences in clinical care settings
- Gain the skills to provide effective, safe, entry-level patient care
- Prepare for a career that is emotionally and financially rewarding
Because of NECC
You will be well prepared to take the national certification exam and begin a career working in a variety of practical nursing roles. Upon completion of the program you can:
- Take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)
- Work for long-term care facilities, outpatient clinics, home health care, rehabilitation centers, and more
- Apply credits toward NECC’s Associate Degree in Nursing, or the Nursing Advanced Placement LPN to RN