Medical Assistant Certificate – Day Program
Prepare for a Great Career in Health Care
If you are seeking a career in health care that combines working directly with patients with administrative duties, the Medical Assistant Certificate at NECC is for you. Job prospects are excellent and expected to grow.
Why Choose NECC?
The Medical Certificate program, which can also be taken in the evenings through iHealth@NECC [link to iHealth evening program], combines classroom study with clinical practice. You’ll learn how to take medical histories and vital signs, draw blood, and assist physicians with other outpatient care tasks. In this program you will:
- Learn about physical assessment, diagnostic procedures, and surgical techniques
- Master communication skills and medical terminology critical to direct patient interaction in the office, on the phone, and online
- Understand ethical and legal standards of medical practice
- Be prepared to recognize and respond to emergencies
- Gain real-world experience through a medical assisting practicum
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to work in a variety of health care environments, and be qualified to take the national certification exam. After successfully completing the Medical Assistant Certificate you can:
- Take the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) qualifying exam
- Work in physician offices, outpatient care facilities, hospitals, clinics, nursing care facilities, and related environments
- Transfer your credits to earn you Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization